Each year in Snohomish County, over 400 teens will have a child of their own Most of these teens will need services and Cocoon House can help!
Teen Parent Advocacy Services
Cocoon House’s Teen Parent Advocacy services provide homelessness prevention and skill development activities throughout Snohomish County. Teen parent support targets pregnant and parenting teens ages 13-24 and their children from birth to age 5. Through on-going individual and group support, TPA helps teen parents build on their strengths, grow strong and healthy relationships with their children, and access the support they need to make informed choices to build a better future. The TPA services are offered through Cocoon House North’s Maternity Teen Parent Housing program, however Cocoon House North serves up to age 18 through housing.
Through pre-case management and structured school and community support groups, the TPA program supports teen moms and dads in achieving:
- Positive parenting, family management, and other life skills
- Knowledge of child development and safety
- A safe and stable living environment
- Educational and professional goals
- Active participation in family planning decisions
- Ability to make healthy choices, take responsibility for their family, and have a positive self-image
- Healthy relationships and a supportive network of friends, family and community
Teen Parent Liason: Susan Hubert
Teens interested in services should contact Susan at: 360-435-6061.