U-Turn is a low barrier resource and drop in center for youth ages 13 thru 20. U-Turn's purpose is to build relationships between street youth and U-Turn staff in order to prevent homelessness or help youth leave the streets. U-Turn provides direct access for youth to connect with Cocoon House programs like the Advocate/Outreach Program, Shelters, and Prevention. Services offered at U-Turn include but are not limited to:
- Case management; staff support; Peer Mentoring
- Information and referral for housing, counseling, job readiness, crisis intervention
- Health care services and safety education: Substance Abuse, Sexual/Domestic Violence, Prevention, visiting nurse and referrals for Testing of STDs & HIV
- Employment and education: employment board, skills building and job search assistance, tutoring, and furthering education prep.
- "Table Talk" we watch a movie with a purpose and discuss it; "Fresh Fridays" open mic night for youth to show off their skills; and "Cooking with Olympia".
- Providing necessities: Hygiene packets, socks, hats, gloves, food, etc.
- Shower and Laundry services on site!
- Games, movies, arts and crafts, activities and events, a safe place to have fun.
- Partner agencies on-site which include Work Source and Catholic Community Services (Drug/Alcohol Tretment).
Hours of operation are: Open 7 days a week from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
U-Turn Coordinator, 425-327-1609, Elyse Rylander
Outreach Manager, 425 -314-4561, Elysa Hovard
Outreach Center 1421 Broadway Avenue, Everett, WA 98201